Don’t believe the lies. The postmaster is NOT making critical changes less than 3 months before the election to save money. It’s not true. Trump says universal mail-in voting will be a “catastrophe.” It won’t but he’s doing everything in his power to make it so.
According to all election experts and the electoral college, there is no distinct difference between absentee ballots and universal mail-in ballots. This difference only exists in Donald Trump’s mind.
Our franchise, our right to vote is in jeopardy. Many people did not mind when black and brown people‘s right to vote was being suppressed, taken away, and disenfranchised. But now everyone’s vote is being jeopardized.
Just because we may have a new administration next year does not mean that the power that Trump has usurped for the executive branch will disappear.
Everyone’s vote is being jeopardized. This includes our seniors in nursing homes, and the elderly who are homebound, as well as disabled people who can’t vote in person. This also includes the 6.3 million US citizens who are living abroad and our beloved military personnel who depend on absentee ballots and the US mail service. So everyone in America should be up in arms, protesting and demanding to protect our franchise and our right to vote in the November 3 upcoming election.
Here is the proof of what Trump and his flunky postmaster general, Louis Dejoy has done in just the last week alone to disable the Postal Service:
- They’ve refused $25 Billion Proposal From Dems To Help USPS unless the Dems give Trump “everything he wants in a stimulus deal”
- They’ve refused To Spend The $10 Billion Loan To USPS Already Approved in the CARES Act months ago.
- They’re Causing Mail Delays By Cutting Overtime, Forcing Hand Sorting Instead Of Machine Sorting
- They’re Suing Colorado For Sending Out Mail-In Ballot Applications Citing USPS Mail Delays (which they’re causing) As Reason
- They’re Suing Pennsylvania To Stop Them From Putting Up Drop Boxes All Over The State To Allow People To Drop Off Mail-In Ballots Due To USPS Mail Delays
- Trump admits he’s blocking USPS funding to prevent universal mail-in voting
- USPS plans nationwide reduction in Mail Processing Equipment due to mail volume decline
- USPS plans to remove nearly 700 high-volume mail processing machines. Postal Service not only removed some mail-sorting machines but also cut overtime and is reducing hours of operation, sparking concerns ahead of the election. This is a blatant attempt to sabotage the November 3rd election. It’s probably not even against the law because no one ever thought to write such an outrageous law.
- Trump holds up coronavirus aid to block funding for mail-in voting. After admitting he was holding up the stimulus package to prevent mail-in voting and funding for the post office Trump now says he will fund the post office if the Democrats give him everything he wants.
PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA tweeted:”Everyone depends on the USPS. Seniors for their Social Security, veterans for their prescriptions, small businesses trying to keep their doors open. They can’t be collateral damage for an administration more concerned with suppressing the vote than suppressing a virus.”
President Obama also said in a podcast:“Never before has a president tried to kneecap the Postal Service to stop mail-in voting.”
Trump campaign sued 67 Pa. counties and the state over mail-in ballots. Yet, telling his supporters on his tele-rallies in N.C., FL, and AZ to request mail-in ballots and vote by mail early. So, mail-in ballots are good for states he thinks he can win but not the others.
USPS says Pennsylvania mail ballots may not be delivered on time, and the state warns of ‘overwhelming’ risk to voters. Postal Service warns 46 states their voters could be disenfranchised by delayed mail-in ballots. Some ballots might not be counted because of delays in delivery time they say.
The postmaster general is saying that staff cuts are necessary due to a lack of funding. This is the funding that they refused to use or accept in a stimulus deal. This circular logic is just another bullshit con by the 3-card Monte king.
New postmaster general overhauls USPS leadership amid probe into mail delays. According to a new organizational chart released by USPS, 23 postal executives were reassigned or displaced and five staffers joined the agency’s leadership from other positions.
Trump administration is stealing our mailboxes from the streets.USPS has removed mail collection boxes and reduced post office hours as critics accuse Trump administration of voter suppression.
Late on Friday night, the Postal Service announced it was freezing the removal of mailboxes in 14 Western states. It is not clear about the eastern states or democratically controlled states.
This will hurt senior citizens who can’t vote in person, seniors in nursing homes and assisted living facilities, disabled people, and the 6.3 million American citizens who are overseas.
The damage this intentional sabotage of the USPS by Trump and his flunky Dejoy, the postmaster general will have an enormously devastating impact on small businesses who depend on USPS to deliver their goods.
It will also hurt veterans who get their medicine by mail. It will affect people’s credit ratings because their bill payments will be received late. It will negatively impact the census, the auto parts industry, and people who receive Social Security checks and other highly needed checks by the mail.
The United States Postal Service has started reducing post office operating hours across several states and removing their iconic blue letter collection boxes as it faces intense pressure to deal with millions of mail-in ballots this fall, according to union officials.
Officials say that in the last week the USPS has removed letter collection boxes in at least four states: New York, Oregon, Montana, and Indiana. The USPS has also begun notifying postal workers in at least three states — West Virginia, Florida, and Missouri — that they will start to reduce their retail operating hours, according to union officials.
Our right to vote is being taken for granted. You believe it can’t be taken away from you. That’s what the slaveowners thought. You’ll miss it when it’s gone. You’ll wish you had used it when you had the chance. And you will regret your apathy and ignorance. Furthermore, you’ll hate yourself until you die.
DON’T BELIEVE THE LIES, WE MUST PROTECT OUR FRANCHISE